1878 Milwaukee Lake Shore & Western RW Bond Certificate. Interesting scripophily document with 10 coupons, number one pasted to face of bond. The Milwaukee Lake Shore & Western RW was chartered in 1872 merging with several predecessor roads. It eventually extended service to Ashland, reaching the Green Bay & Western's interchange in New London in 1876. It competed with the Wisconsin Central for the lumber and mining trade in northern Wisconsin. In 1893 the Chicago & North Western added it to its system. Very scarce scripophily document. VF condition.